Wine Business Consulting Services
Restaurants, Hotels, Clubs and Cruise Lines
Restaurant Wine's publisher, Ronn Wiegand, has been called
the wine consultant's wine consultant. He candidly says, "There
isn't a hotel, club or restaurant that I have ever visited
— anywhere in the world — which could not increase
either its wine sales or its profitablity from wine, within
a matter of days."
Do you want to increase your wine sales? These are areas
of your business that Mr. Wiegand can critique, and help develop,
with the sole purpose of maximizing wine sales.
- Your wine by the glass program: selections, pricing, merchandising.
- Wine list: selections, layout & design, number of
- Server wine training: content, organization, implementation.
- Wine selection: menu compatibility, price points, brands,
caliber of selections.
- Wine promotions & merchandising: programs, rollout,
profitability, guest satisfaction.
- Wine pricing: strategy, profitability, adjustments.
- Wine purchasing & inventory: monitoring, systems &
Increasing wine sales is one thing. Generating additional profits quite another. Mr. Wiegand is an expert in managing wine programs to enhance their profitability — even without increasing sales. "Adding 2% or 5% profit to your wine program's bottom line is like increasing sales another 20% to 30%. With carefully laid-out systems, which are updated and monitored, you could be generating greater profits from your wine program — guaranteed. Let me show you how."
Clients: have included Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Westin Hotels & Resorts, Seabourn Cruise Line, and the Ahwahnee Hotel (Yosemite National Park).
for Wine Distributors and Wine Importers
Increasingly, wine distributors and importers are being called
upon to provide products more targeted to individual accounts,
even to help their products "sell-through" in their
accounts. In the case of restaurants, this means that sales
representatives must know the ropes of the hospitality business,
how to spot viable opportunities, and how to present their
products in the best light to the restaurant's customers.
Restaurant Wine publisher Ronn Wiegand addresses these and
other crucial topics in his custom workshops.
- Wine trends
- Trends in the hospitality industry
- Trends in by the glass programs
- Trends in on-premise wine promotions & merchandising
- Developing a wine list that sells
"Your sales personnel must be able to act as real wine
consultants to accounts."
Clients: have included National
Distributing and Southern Wine & Spirits.
and Wine Training
Wiegand has conducted dozens of classes, tastings, workshops
and seminars for various groups and organizations during the
past few years. Some of the topics he has addressed:
Consumers & Business Groups
- How to taste wine
- The great Rieslings of Germany
- Wines of California
- How to order wine in a restaurant
- Matching wine & food: it's all in good taste
- Comparing California Cabernets & Red Bordeaux
- California's best wineries
- For retailers: How to get customers to trade-up in their
- For restaurateurs: Ten ways to sell more wine--tonight!
- For restaurateurs: How to develop a wine list that sells
- For restaurateurs: Managing a profitable wine by the glass
All consultation is done on a strictly confidential basis.